Monday, December 27, 2010

Day 30: Cranberry Latte

Disclaimer:  All content is my own opinion only and should in no way be construed as a paid endorsement or representation of any companies named.  I receive no compensation whatsoever from any makeup or other companies named/linked to in my posts for my looks or reviews.  I just like to have fun with all the pretty pretty colors...


Day 30--Saturday, December 18, 2010

The last day of the Orglamix 30 Days/30 Ways Challenge, oh my...

For the end of the Challenge I thought I'd come full circle and go back to the beginning of my makeup-wearing days and revisiting a look I first tried under the mentorship of a Mary Kay consultant who showed me that you could wear a red shade on the eyes if done properly ;)  She created the look with a maroon shade of red and two other shades: a taupe and an off-white sort of champagne beige.  I wore that look for every "special occasion" that whole year lol!

Now I'm a little older, a bit wiser (hopefully), and more mindful of what I put on my face.  But the colors looked great together and I received Orglamix Cranberry (on sale as the Color of the Week last week) just in time to revamp my "first makeup look ever"


In the old look, the Mary Kay consultant taught me to use the maroon/brick red shade on the outer corners of my eyes, with the off-white shade all over the lid and the taupe shade in the crease.  This look is a bit "inside out," making use of the reddish shade on the lid for a holiday-tasty pop of color.

I began the look with my favorite foundation combo (Orglamix Mineral Foundation in Bocote mixed with Orglamix Self-Adjusting Foundation in Whole Grain), followed by a pinch of pixie dust (aka Orglamix HD Microfinish Powder in Hush Hush), then prepped my eyelids with Orglamix Magnetism prep/prime.  The rest of the application went on as follows:

1)  Blend Orglamix Cafe au Lait over entire lid from brow to lash line

2)  Pat Orglamix Cranberry onto the lid and blend slightly into crease (over the Cafe au Lait this became a lovely soft shimmery rose shade)

3)  Blend Orglamix Cappuccino into crease and outer "v" of eye, then drag down across lower lid

4)  Foil Cranberry and line upper lash line

5)  Line lower water lines with pale pink mineral eyeshadow pencil

6)  Blend matte brown shadow into brows and apply black mascara to upper + lower lashes

7)  Blend Orglamix mineral blush in Allspice onto cheeks

8)  Mix more Cranberry with gold microglitter gloss and apply to lips



I have to say as this challenge concludes that I have received the most benefit from the inspiration to play a little and get more creative with the makeup I wear, whether for every day, for special occasions, or for performances.  I want to thank Cheri and her team at Orglamix for coming up with the Challenge and for keeping us all supplied with so many beautiful shades to choose from, as well as all my fellow Orglamix fansisters for their inspiring creativity and their unfailing and generous encouragement and support for all of us who participated in the challenge.  The ideas, tips, tricks and skills I picked up during this process truly were a reward worthy of the effort!