Monday, December 13, 2010

Day 19: Kashmiri

Disclaimer:  All content is my own opinion only and should in no way be construed as a paid endorsement or representation of any companies named.  I receive no compensation whatsoever from any makeup or other companies named/linked to in my posts for my looks or reviews.  I just like to have fun with all the pretty pretty colors...

Day 19--Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Today was a day for all "the Lost Ones" aka the Orglamix shades I'd purchased but not yet used--these containers were still sealed, some since the beginning of this challenge!  The shades used in today's look reminded me of a paisley jamavar shawl I have, so I named the look after it:  Kashmiri


Pretty & soft shawl with light blues, rose pinks, pale violet, and ivory shades.

I purchased this shawl online through Heritage Trading's ebay store, very lovely things and they are perfect in moderate weather--not too heavy for a spring day but warm enough to ward off a mild chill.

This look was definitely a challenge to pull together, as my unused Orglamix shades constituted a bit of a hodgepodge of colors that I wasn't sure would coordinate.  What do you think?


The look began with clean, moisturized skin and foundation/Orglamix HD Microfinish Powder in Hush Hush to set the stage.  This time, I made use of Orglamix Corrector in Menthe to hide a few blemishes I had thanks to a recent breakout--great stuff!  Eyelids were then prepared with Orglamix Magnetism prep/primer--a great product that really helps mineral eye shadows adhere to the lid and prevent "migration" into the creases of the eyelid.

The application continued as follows:

1)  Pat Orglamix Cashmere from brow bone to lash line and blend (this one becomes a creamy ivory shade when blended--very nice!)

2)  Mix Orglamix Strawberry with Patchouli and pat on lid, blending upward into crease; these two shades together became a shimmery, sparkly mauve color that was hard to capture on camera

3)  Pat Orglamix Brimstone into outer "v" of the eye and blend up and inward into crease; blend well to soften.  Take up a bit more Brimstone and drag across lower lash line

4)  Foil Strawberry and use to line upper lash line, inner corner of eyes, and inner portion of the lower lid

5)  Blend matte brown shadow into brows to shape + define and apply black mascara to lashes

6)  Sweep Orglamix Mineral Glow in Tourmaline across cheekbones, etc.

7)  Mix Orglamix Strawberry & Gingko with pink shimmer gloss and apply to lips



I wore this look all day and it hardly budged at all--I only needed to reapply the lip color a few times throughout the workday!  The Strawberry shade foiled as eyeliner added shimmer and sparkle to an otherwise smoky and subtle look and gave it just a bit of mischief, nothing too outrageous ;)

One of the things I have come to love most about Orglamix cosmetics is their versatility--they can be used on eyes, lips, cheeks, and even nails (although I have not yet tried this option)!  This makes it a little bit easier to coordinate shades that might otherwise clash by placing them in different areas of the face; likewise the loose powder format makes mixing shades to create new ones simple and quick (rather than having to apply layer after layer after layer and worry about contaminating shades with darker/lighter colors).