Monday, December 27, 2010

Day 22: Black Gold

Disclaimer:  All content is my own opinion only and should in no way be construed as a paid endorsement or representation of any companies named.  I receive no compensation whatsoever from any makeup or other companies named/linked to in my posts for my looks or reviews.  I just like to have fun with all the pretty pretty colors...

Day 22--Friday, December 10, 2010

Today is my first "twofer"-- I decided to take yesterday's look, "Gold Dust Woman" and amp it up a bit for an extra glamorous look.  The funny thing is I had a youth group meeting to facilitate this evening and I had to keep myself from laughing when some of the kids had a hard time recognizing me with this look on.  Great way to end a hectic week ;)

To review, here is Gold Dust Woman from Day 21:


And here is Black Gold (also dubbed "The Bronze Queen" by one of my fellow Orglamix fansisters, thanks mNg!!)


(tell me this doesn't make my eyes look a bit darker lol)

Wow!!  I got so many compliments on this look, I decided I'd definitely have to wear it again sometime during the holidays.  I began with clean and moisturized skin and then applied mineral foundation, Orglamix HD Microfinish Powder in Hush Hush, and primed the eyelids with Orglamix Magnetism.  Everything else is the same as yesterday (Honey from brow to lash line, metallic gold mineral eyeshadow on lid, Ambre in crease/outer "v" and lower lid, matte brown shadow in brows & black mascara on lashes, Orglamix Allspice blush, and Honey/Cardamom/gold glitter gloss on lips), EXCEPT I added the following:

1) Blend Orglamix Black Magic over Ambre in crease/outer "v" of eyes and pat a little extra on top of that for SPARKLE!!

2) Foil more Black Magic and use to line upper lash line and wing out

3) Line lower water lines with black gel eyeliner



Pretty incredible, this has to be one of my favorite looks that I've done so far for this Challenge!  I'd say this would definitely be an evening/party look for me, but it's not too extreme so you could wear it during the day--if you dare ;)