Monday, December 27, 2010

Day 24: Neapolitan

Disclaimer:  All content is my own opinion only and should in no way be construed as a paid endorsement or representation of any companies named.  I receive no compensation whatsoever from any makeup or other companies named/linked to in my posts for my looks or reviews.  I just like to have fun with all the pretty pretty colors...

Day 24--Sunday, December 12, 2010

Getting close to the end of the Orglamix 30 Days/30 Ways Challenge and I was looking for some inspiration; in reviewing my looks to date I noticed I had not yet done a look in pink + brown shades, a popular color combo in Hawaiian fabrics and crafts these past couple years.  So I decided to address that with today's look: Neapolitan!



Makes me just want to run down to the local scoop shop for some Chocolate-Vanilla-Strawberry goodness...

On clean, moisturized skin I applied Orglamix Self-Adjusting Mineral Foundation in Whole Grain followed by a sheer application of Orglamix HD Microfinish Powder in Hush Hush; then I primed my eyelids by applying Orglamix Magnetism prep/prime.  The application continued as follows:

1)  Blend Orglamix The F Word onto brow bone and down into crease

2)  Pat Orglamix Passionfruit onto lid and follow by blending Orglamix Strawberry over the Passionfruit

3)  Blend Orglamix Mocha into crease and outer "v" of the eyes, dragging this shade down and across lower lid

4)  Dab a bit of Orglamix Nice into inner corners of eyes to highlight

5)  Apply black gel eyeliner to lower water lines, blend matte brown shadow into brows, and apply black mascara to lashes

6)  Blend Orglamix blush in Ginger over cheeks

7)  Mix Orglamix Cherry Blossom and a bit of Orglamix Cardamom with pink shimmer gloss and apply to lips



Seriously, I love this look--soft, pretty, perfect for Sunday or any day!  This could definitely be an every day look for me, it's mostly neutral with just a soft pop of pink to liven it up and a little extra shimmer from the Nice shade.  

Of course, you could easily switch this over to a night time look by adding black liner to the upper lash line, applying a more intense pink to the lid, and wearing a darker shade on the lips (Orglamix Saffron, for example, or Goji).