Monday, December 27, 2010

Day 27: Lady Lilliput

Disclaimer:  All content is my own opinion only and should in no way be construed as a paid endorsement or representation of any companies named.  I receive no compensation whatsoever from any makeup or other companies named/linked to in my posts for my looks or reviews.  I just like to have fun with all the pretty pretty colors...


Day 27--Wednesday, December 15, 2010

I decided I wanted to do a look based on my agency's logo colors before the end of this Challenge; as these are teal green and purple--and the agency is named for the land of Lilliput (for little people, since we serve children and families), I give you Lady Lilliput:


(seriously this turned out a lot better than I was expecting lol)

Beginning as usual with clean and moisturized skin I applied Orglamix Mineral Foundation in Bocote mixed with Orglamix Self-Adjusting Mineral Foundation in Whole Grain and followed with a sweep of Orglamix HD Microfinish Powder in Hush Hush.  I then  applied Orglamix Magnetism on the lids for a base and continued the application as follows:

1)  Pat Orglamix Mint onto lid and blend into crease (I went somewhat heavy on the application of this color to make it more shiny/shimmery and less smoky)

2)  Blend Orglamix Bordeaux into outer "v" and crease of eyes, draw it out into a "wing" shape at outer lid and drag across lower lid

3)  Mix Orglamix Freesia with Orglamix Grape Hyacinth and blend onto brow bone and down into upper edge of Bordeaux to soften and "fog out"

4)  Dab a bit more Freesia by itself on inner corners of eye and inner portion of lower lid

5)  Line upper lash line and lower water line with black gel eyeliner

6)  Blend matte brown shadow into brows and apply black mascara to lashes

7)  Mix Orglamix Gingko with red sparkle gloss and apply to lips



I love how the Freesia mixed with Grape Hyacinth made a beautiful, smoky pale lavender color; perfect for softening what might have been a very dark look.