Sunday, December 12, 2010

Day 17: Betsuin

Disclaimer:  All content is my own opinion only and should in no way be construed as a paid endorsement or representation of any companies named.  I receive no compensation whatsoever from any makeup or other companies named/linked to in my posts for my looks or reviews.  I just like to have fun with all the pretty pretty colors...

Day 17--Sunday, December 5, 2010

So today we had the season opener for the youth basketball league that my nephew plays for and I thought I'd take a page from visual artist and fellow Orglamix fansister Amanda and do a look based on the colors of his team.


sbclogo.gif  My nephew plays for the Sacramento Buddhist Church AKA Betsuin

Their team colors are red, black, and white, so here's the look:



This is how it looks in the sun...well, how it looks in the sun as seen through my iPhone 3G camera o.0

I began as usual with clean and moisturized skin and brushed on a sheer layer of mineral foundation, followed by a light application of Orglamix HD Microfinish Powder in Hush Hush--magic for hiding all the little imperfections and making the face camera-ready ;)  After that, I primed the eyelids using Orglamix Magnetism prep/primer and continued the application as follows:

1)  Vanilla Birthday Cake patted on from brow bone to lash line

2)  Pat Saffron on lid and drag across lower lash line

3)  Pat Black Magic in crease, blend out, and pat a little extra over this for added SPARKLE!!

4)  Touch of Passionfruit on inner corner of eyes and drag across inner 1/3 of lower lid

5)  black gel eyeliner on upper lash line, winged out, and on lower water lines

6)  Blend matte brown eyeshadow into brows to shape & define and apply black mascara to lashes

7)  Sweep Mineral Glow in Tourmaline over cheekbones, nose, forehead, and chin

8)  Mix Saffron & Passionfruit with sheer pink gloss and apply to lips


I love love LOVE this look and got so many compliments on it, even though the sports league is usually a pretty low-key and conservative crowd when it comes to physical appearance.  Not sure I'd wear this for everyday but it's definitely perfect for a night on the town or a holiday get-together!

Unfortunately, my nephew's team didn't do as well--poor kids got slaughtered by a team composed of boys that seemed twice their size on the court--auwe!!  Guess the growth spurt came early for some of them...