Day 25--Monday, December 13, 2010
Well today was a super hectic day at work and I was already feeling tired from working half my weekend (one-day weekends kind of make me grumpy but on the other hand I'm blessed to have good full-time work, a decent salary, and a great supervisor and coworkers so can't complain much lol), so today's look came in the evening--hence the "twilight" (not "Twilight") theme. Also, I hadn't done much in the way of purple looks, though it's one of my favorite colors and my brown eyes look good in violet shades.
Here is Violette at Dusk:
This look makes use of a technique that is becoming something of a signature of mine (because I think it looks good on me): blending a light-medium shade of the hues I'm using on the lid onto the brow bone and slightly into the upper portion of the crease to "fog out" or soften the edges of the shades used to contour the eye.
Today's "fog out" shade is Orglamix Skyline, which I also made use of in Morning Glory (Day 8, used as a darker or contour shade) and Cleopatra (Day 13, used as a primary shade on the lid):
(can you believe this is what I used as a "highlight" shade today?? I'm still amazed at how versatile Cheri's eyeshadows are, so many of them can be used to color, contour, or highlight!!)
Having done this look after work, I of course washed my face and moisturized the skin, then came back and applied Orglamix Self-Adjusting Mineral Foundation in Whole Grain and Orglamix HD Microfinish Powder in Hush Hush to the face, followed by an application of Orglamix Magnetism prep/prime on the eyelids. The application of this look continued as follows:
1) Foil Orglamix Violette and apply to lid; let dry and apply a second coat, foiled.
2) Blend Orglamix Bordeaux into crease and outer "v" of the eye.
3) Blend Orglamix Skyline onto brow bone and into upper edge of the Bordeaux to soften this boundary
4) Line upper lash line and lower water line with Orglamix Creamliner in Venomous
5) Line outer 2/3 of lower lash line with more Violette, applied dry
6) Pat Orglamix Mineral Twinkle Effects in Purple over entire lid and dab more of it into inner corners of the eyes and across inner 1/3 of lower lash line
7) Blend matte brown shadow into brows to shape/define and apply black mascara to lashes
8) Mix a little bit each of Orglamix Bordeaux, Orglamix Patchouli, and Orglamix Mineral Twinkle Effects in Purple with red sparkle gloss and apply to lips
I'm finding that my application skills have improved over the course of this Challenge, and this look is a testament to that. Of the blue/violet looks I've done so far I'd have to say this one is a favorite for certain and I would definitely wear it again!