Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Day 14: Mystery!

Disclaimer:  All content is my own opinion only and should in no way be construed as a paid endorsement or representation of any companies named.  I receive no compensation whatsoever from any makeup or other companies named/linked to in my posts for my looks or reviews.  I just like to have fun with all the pretty pretty colors...

Day 14:  Thursday, December 2, 2010

I overslept and madly dashed through my morning routine and out the door to work, so today's look had to wait for the evening.  The down side to this is I didn't get to enjoy the look throughout the day or gather adoration from my coworkers, who have been asking where I get the makeup I've been wearing since the challenge began (FYI I get it from Orglamix Cosmetics' online shop).

The upside to waiting until the end of the day to create this look?  I came home to a mailbox stuffed with my latest haul from Orglamix:


(clockwise from top left:  Olive, Mint, Sandalwood, and Cherry Blossom)

In the spirit of the Orglamix 30 Days/30 Ways contest, I challenged myself to come up with a look using only the shades I'd received in this latest shipment.  I shuffled the jars around and arranged/rearranged the look until I got something I really, REALLY, liked:




The centerpiece of this look is Orglamix Mint, a sparkly teal green shade that I just LOVE on my eyes, the camera just doesn't do it justice :p

Beginning the look with cleansed and moisturized skin I applied mineral foundation and then blended Orglamix HD Microfinish Powder in Hush Hush (sparingly!) over that to set the foundation and deflect light away from flaws.  This was followed by applying Orglamix Magnetism prep/prime to the eyelids; after that the application continued as per below:

1)  Pat Orglamix Mint onto inner 2/3 of eye and blend upward into crease

2)  Pat Orglamix Sandalwood onto outer 1/3 of eye and blend into crease, drawing in toward inner portion of crease and blend blend blend.

3)  Pat Orglamix Olive in a SHEER layer on browbone and blend down into upper edge of Sandalwood to soften this boundary

4)  Apply black liner to upper lash line and lower waterline

5)  Blend matte brown shadow into brows to shape/define and apply black mascara to lashes

6)  Sweep Orglamix Cherry Blossom over cheeks for a sheer blush and mix with clear gloss and apply to lips


(this pic captures more of the sparkly qualities of Mint as well as the pretty gradient created by blending Olive down from the browbone into Sandalwood at the crease)

I have to say I was a bit skeptical about how well Cherry Blossom on the lips would go with the other shades I applied to the eyes but this combo seemed to wow the crowd at Orglamix's fan page on Facebook as well as myself so I guess it's a winner!  Not bad for a goofy little "I dare you!"