Day 18--Monday, December 6, 2010
I named this one for some rockin', made-from-scratch hot chocolate that I made for the family on the eve of Thanksgiving. I drew inspiration from this delicious treat, which made use of gourmet, handmade marshmallows from Softly Sweetly as well as looks by fellow Orglamix fansisters Cindy and Elyse, who also did chocolate-brown themed looks for today.
Here is a pic of the absolutely HEAVENLY handmade marshmallows by Softly Sweetly; this is the chocolate orange variety
Here's the look for Day 18:
Face was of course prepared by cleansing and moisturizing first, then applying mineral foundation and Orglamix HD Microfinish Powder in Hush Hush for a flawless look. Eyelids were then prepped by applying an even layer of Orglamix Magnetism prep/prime to provide something for the eye shadows to "grab" on to.
On to the application:
1) Pat Orglamix Espresso on inner 2/3 of lid and blend, blend, blend (this is a pretty intense shade)
2) Pat Orglamix Mocha on outer 1/3 of lid and blend upward & inward into crease, then drag more Mocha down across lower lash line
3) Pat Orglamix Chocolate Frosting across brow bone and blend down into upper edge of Mocha
4) Foil metallic orange eyeshadow and line upper lash line; pat more of this shade dry into inner corner of eye and drag across inner 1/3 of lower lash line
5) Blend matte brown shadow into brows to shape/define and apply black mascara to lashes
6) Mix Orglamix Hot Chocolate with clear gloss that has gold microglitter in it & apply to lips
Mmmm...delicious!! This is a beautiful neutral look that wears well in the day and the evening (you can always dress it up for the night by using a darker lip color and lining upper and lower lash lines in black); it's a bit subtle for clubbing but perfect for dinner, theater, etc.