Monday, December 27, 2010

Day 23: Naughty & Nice

Disclaimer:  All content is my own opinion only and should in no way be construed as a paid endorsement or representation of any companies named.  I receive no compensation whatsoever from any makeup or other companies named/linked to in my posts for my looks or reviews.  I just like to have fun with all the pretty pretty colors...

Day 23--Saturday, December 11, 2010

Today is the Holiday Gift Shoppe run each year by our agency for the families we serve--folks that are raising their relatives' children for a variety of reasons.  It's a pretty busy and hectic day, but also a fun and festive one (good thing, since we're putting in a full day's work on a Saturday, usually the weekend for us).  So today's look needed to meet several criteria:  be quick & easy, long-wearing and no-fuss, and of course beautiful!!  Here it is:


This look takes advantage of two limited edition shades by Orglamix: Naughty and Nice (apropos, considering the theme of my workday today lol), creating a simple yet sultry, almost pinup-style look (minus the red lipstick, which I thought might be a bit much for the day--hey, there's little kids at my office :p).

Also debuting with this look is mineral foundation by Orglamix: the Self-Adjusting Mineral Foundation in Whole Grain, with Orglamix HD Microfinish Powder in Hush Hush to "set" the foundation.  I could not believe how well this matched my skin tone--this seriously made me look like I was wearing nothing at all and did not "pale out" my face the way a too-light shade would have done.  Amazing stuff and definitely recommended for light to tan skin tones (I've heard from other ladies with darker skin that it does not work so well on them).

The application continued as follows:

1)  Apply Orglamix Magnetism prep/primer to eyelids and blend evenly

2)  Pat Orglamix Nice from  brow to lash line, adding extra to the lid, inner corners of the eye, and lower lash line for shimmer/sparkle

3)  Foil Orglamix Naughty and apply as liner to upper lash line and wing out at outer corners, wait to dry and apply a second coat of Naughty over the first--makes for an extra smoky, extra sparkly look

4)  Line the lower water lines with black gel eyeliner

5)  Blend matte brown eyeshadow into brows and apply black mascara to lashes

6)  Blend Orglamix blush in Ginger onto the cheeks

7)  Mix more Nice and a little bit of Orglamix Bordeaux with pale pink shimmer gloss, add wine red gloss over the top if desired for a deeper shade on the lips (I ended up doing this for today's look)



(these two pics really show off the "winged up" eyeliner in Naughty, ooh la la!)  

That really is one shade from  brow to lash line and in the inner corners, amazing how the play of light over the Nice makes it look like more than one color was applied!