Monday, December 13, 2010

Day 20: Moroccan Mint Tea

Disclaimer:  All content is my own opinion only and should in no way be construed as a paid endorsement or representation of any companies named.  I receive no compensation whatsoever from any makeup or other companies named/linked to in my posts for my looks or reviews.  I just like to have fun with all the pretty pretty colors...

Day 20--Wednesday, December 8, 2010

This was the day of our company Holiday Party, so I was feeling a little festive and wanted a look that would be fun but not over-the-top dramatic.  Recalling the fun I had the past weekend with some friends at a local Moroccan restaurant, I created a look with cool fresh greens and soft fawn-browns that managed (I think) to walk a line between fun-loving and reserved.


(a round of Moroccan mint tea at Marrakech--icy cold, refreshing, and not too sweet; delicious!!)

Thankfully, my coworkers and superiors seemed to agree, and once again Orglamix earned me many compliments on my appearance.


(oooh, sultry ;) also, it's hard to see in this photo but the eyeshadows somehow picked up a bit of green in the pearls I was wearing--how cool is that??)

Once again, Orglamix Corrector in Menthe was my friend, as holiday gatherings with the coworkers can be a bit anxiety-provoking (and therefore breakout-causing).  Mineral foundation and Orglamix HD Microfinish Powder in Hush Hush created the base for this look, along with Orglamix Magnetism prep/prime on the lids.

I applied this look as per below:

1)  Pat Orglamix Cilantro on lid and blend

2)  Pat Orglamix Sandalwood into outer "v" of lid and blend upward and inward into crease; take up a bit more of this shade and sweep across lower lid

3)  Pat Orglamix Olive onto brow bone and blend out and down into upper edge of Sandalwood to soften this margin

4)  Foil Orglamix Cardamom and use to line upper lash line, pulling out & up into slight wing at outer corner of eyes

5)  Blend matte brown shadow into brows to shape and define and apply black mascara to lashes

6)  Sweep Orglamix Mineral Glow in Rose Quartz across cheek bones

7)  Mix more of the Rose Quartz with a little Orglamix Hot Chocolate and clear gloss with gold microglitter and apply to lips



(it still amazes me that pics taken in my car seem to come out the best, especially for showing the colors)

This is a great daytime look and perfect for luncheons or other workday functions.  It certainly seemed to go over well with the higher-ups, which is a plus--definitely don't want to offend anyone at the office holiday party, right??