Day 12--Tuesday, November 30, 2010
Another good day for a soft look, as I was going to work in the morning and would be at my halau hula, or hula school, in the evening--don't want to have a dramatic look when I'm going to be sweating doing drills and practicing our numbers for the holiday celebration ;)
In keeping with the practicality of the day I decided to go for a neutral look, based on the textures and scents that India is famous for: silks and spices.
So here is India Spice:
Super soft, shimmery, and satiny smooth--just like the famed Kanjeevaram silks of India. Lovely! This look features Cardamom--my first time using a shade named for one of my favorite spices to cook with (YUM).
(my inspiration--an example of a beautiful peachy-gold saree found online at cbazaar.com )
I began the look as usual by preparing my face by cleansing and moisturizing my skin and then applying mineral foundation, followed by a sheer sweep of Orglamix HD Microfinish Powder in Hush Hush to soften any flaws and Orglamix Magnetism prep/primer on my eyelids. Once accomplished, I continued the application as follows:
1) Pat Orglamix Vanilla all over lid from brow to lash line and blend out to make the shimmer more subtle
2) Pat Orglamix Silk on the inner 2/3 of lid and blend upward into crease
3) Pat Orglamix Cardamom into outer 1/3 of lid and blend upward into crease, dragging in toward the inner portion of crease to contour
4) Pat a little more Vanilla into inner corners of eyes to highlight
5) Blend matte brown shadow into brows to shape/define and apply wet to line upper lash line
6) Apply black mascara to lashes
7) Mix Orglamix Goji with lip balm (I made mine) and apply to lips
I love the combination of Silk and Cardamom-they are both wonderful neutral shades and look great together and these shades highlight the eyes--especially my big browns--and bring out the darker hues in the iris. Goji is a beautiful shade on the lips (I'm loving the way Cheri's eye shadows look on the lips--have I mentioned before that I may never buy regular lipstick again? I LOVE being able to blend my own ~.~).