Sunday, November 28, 2010

Day 9: Torch Ginger

Disclaimer:  All content is my own opinion only and should in no way be construed as a paid endorsement or representation of any companies named.  I receive no compensation whatsoever from any makeup or other companies named/linked to in my posts for my looks or reviews.  I just like to have fun with all the pretty pretty colors...

Well this was a super late day (Saturday, Nov 27), as I was working with my Mama to make a few different bases for medicinal syrups to carry us through cold/flu season (in full swing even here in California!).  One of her favorites is a concoction I first conjured up about five years ago using redwood needles, fresh ginger slices, a couple of other herbs, and finished off with brandy, honey, and pomegranate molasses.

(awesome stuff for a nasty, phlegm-y chest cold...but again, that's another blog ~. o )

But I had to pretty up my eyes anyway, because I recently received this in the mail from Cheri:



This incredible haul was part of my "Happy Birthday to ME!!" gift to myself, a way of kicking my several years old commercial eyeshadows to the curb and taking my participation in the Orglamix 30 Days/30 Ways Challeng to the next level =)

On to the look:


Face was prepped as per usual with mineral foundation, then a fine dusting (and blending!) of Orglamix HD Microfinish Powder in Hush Hush to soften all the little imperfections.  This time, I got to make use of Orglamix's Magnetism primer to prep the eyelids; I have to say, this stuff certainly made a difference in the application--it is AWESOME for powder eyeshadows!!

Once face and eyes were ready to go, the look went on as follows:

1)  Pat Orglamix Vanilla all over lid from brow to lash line and blend to bring out the gold shimmer

2)  Pat Orglamix Passionfruit on inner 1/2 of lid and blend into crease

3)  Pat Orglamix Saffron on outer 1/2 of lid and blend into crease & outer "v" of eye, dragging a bit into the outer 1/2 of lower lash line; also drag this shade across the crease and blend to contour

4)  Take a pencil brush (see blog post for the "Morning Glory" look) and use it to blend Orglamix Honeymoon Sweet into the boundary between the Saffron and Vanilla (on brow bone) to soften this edge and made a short gradient

5)  Pat Orglamix The F Word into inner corner of eye and drag across lower lash line to highlight; blend with Saffron in the middle of lower lash line.

6)  Blend matte brown shadow into the brows to shape and define

7)  Apply mascara to lashes



I chose not to line the eyes, preferring to highlight the pretty pretty pinks used in this look, but you could add a line of either a reddish brown or dark cherry color to add more drama.  I finished the look by applying uncolored lip balm to my lips for a bit of shine.


This is a moderate look--not neutral but certainly wearable to work, school, etc.  I have to admit I felt a bit of trepidation messing with such vivid pinky-reds but OH!  They came out so beautifully and I can see why so many of my fellow Orglamix fansisters are in LOVE with Saffron--it's a gorgeous color and blends out just lovely.

Hope you enjoyed!  If you have any questions, suggestions, etc., feel free to leave me a comment below and thanks for reading!!