Friday, November 19, 2010

Day 1: Sweet Tooth

Disclaimer:  All content is my own opinion only and should in no way be construed as a paid endorsement or representation of any companies named.  I receive no compensation whatsoever from any makeup or other companies named/linked to in my posts for my looks or reviews.  I just like to have fun with all the pretty pretty colors...

Day One of the Orglamix 30 Days/30 Ways Challenge

Cheri, an incredible woman with a fantastic eye for color and a true talent for making organic mineral makeup that is absolutely beautiful (and a pleasure to use!), is running a contest for her adoring customers:  post a different look each day for 30 days using items from her line of cosmetics.  What's the payoff for such a huge effort, you ask?  Why would SO MANY women join in this competition?

This:

Orglamix Organic Mineral Makeup - Orglamix Favorites Collection

Orglamix Organic Mineral Makeup - Orglamix Favorites Collection
zoom
Orglamix Organic Mineral Makeup - Orglamix Favorites CollectionOrglamix Organic Mineral Makeup - Orglamix Favorites CollectionOrglamix Organic Mineral Makeup - Orglamix Favorites Collection
We've handpicked our best sellers and biggest obsessions and packed 'em into amazing, one-of-a-kind kit. From the gotta-try-its (turquoise is so in) to the can't-live-withouts (Absinthe anyone?), these Orglamix Favorites are a beauty addict's dream come true.

Each limited-edition set features full size 8g jars of our latest fixations—and the options are endless. This kit contains 75 of our favorite, best -selling Orglamix colors. 
Oh...my stars and garters...

Understand my predicament here:  1) I'm a bit of a nature girl and have a tendency to save the wearing of makeup for date nights with the hubby, hula performances, and other special occasions, 2) I don't have a ton of experience creating innovative looks with cosmetics or applying makeup in general (again, because I tend not to wear it every day), and 3) I only discovered Orglamix LESS THAN A MONTH AGO.  But even I cannot resist something like this, especially after trying and LOVING Cheri's products!

Like many of my intrepid Orglamix fansisters out there, I have a limited palette of Orglamix goodness to work with, but if Relynn can brave the fray armed only with Chocolate Frosting than I can do no less ;)

So in the spirit of sisterly love and competitiveness (have they always gone hand-in-hand?), I offer my first effort:  Sweet Tooth!



(See what I mean about the nature girl stuff?  I'm not even wearing foundation, powder, or blush--just eyes and lips!!  But hey, it took me about half an hour to devise the look and apply just those two elements, any more and I'm afraid I would have had to call in sick--too much ;p )

I used the following products in this look

1)  neutral/matte beige cream shadow mixed with my favorite eye balm for primer
2)  Orglamix Vanilla all over the lid from lash line to brow
3)  Orglamix Black Magic patted into the crease and outer corner of the lid and gently blended out (don't want to get rid of all the lovely sparklies that make it Black MAGIC)
4)  Orglamix Honeymoon Sweet (a surprise gift and something I might not have picked out for myself but that I've totally fallen in love with) blended over the Black Magic
5)  Orglamix Chamomile on the lid
6)  more Orglamix Vanilla to highlight just under the brow, inner corners of eyes, and on bottom lash line
7)  matte dark brown shadow blended into the brows and used wet for liner
8)  black mascara (2 coats)
7)  Finally (!) Orglamix Honeymoon Sweet blended with my own homemade lip balm to add a neutral-peachy-pink shimmer to the lips


The kicker is, I actually wore this look to work (using the explanation that it was the last workday before my birthday and I wanted to dress it up lol), when I usually wear nothing but a little lip gloss.  People were doing double-takes and asking where I got the makeup I was wearing.  One coworker even asked me to write down my "source" on the back of my business card so she could remember whose makeup she liked so much!  Incredible...

(Yes, Cheri, I really did write down the address to your Etsy shop for her, along with the colors I used; hope she checks you out soon!)

When I came home, it all still looked fabulous, had not mass-migrated into the creases of my eyelid, and required just a touching-up of the lip color for me to be ready to go to my fav local restaurant for a "kick-off the birthday weekend" dinner!  Amazing...

Tomorrow is Day 2 of the Challenge (and B-Day Eve for me!), wonder what I'll cook up for that?

Like this post?  You should check out Cheri's line of Orglamix mineral makeup excellence; details on the 30 Days/30 Ways Challenge can be found here.

Also, I have to give some respect & love to my Orglamix fansisters, so check out their 30 Days/30 Ways blogs:

The Eyes Have It

Orglamix Obsession

Orglamix 30 Days, 30 Ways Contest

30 Days to Orglamix

30 Days, 30 Ways

My Makeup Addiction

Selebrian

Look at that...it's almost Day 2 here in California; better get some beauty sleep and dream up a look for tomorrow!