Sunday, November 21, 2010

Day 2: Creamsicle

Disclaimer:  All content is my own opinion only and should in no way be construed as a paid endorsement or representation of any companies named.  I receive no compensation whatsoever from any makeup or other companies named/linked to in my posts for my looks or reviews.  I just like to have fun with all the pretty pretty colors...

Well I'm posting this several hours after I created this look for a fundraising event my hubby and I were attending tonight (Sat, Nov 20):  Asian-style crab feed--OMG yum!!!.  I wanted to low-key it a little because this kind of gathering tends to have a lot of elders in attendance and I didn't want to get the stink-eye from any of them ;p

So here it is:  Creamsicle!


Just enough to highlight my pretty browns without shouting "stone the harlot!" to the more conservative members of the crowd...lol...

How did I do it?  Just two shades on the lid, liner, and mascara!  What, you say?  No way!

Oh, but I did.  This look was much more understated than yesterday's and yet more finished: I went with a white-based primer on my eyes this time rather than my neutral for Day 1 to make these pale, shimmery shades pop a little more.  Also, I went all out and applied foundation and translucent veil all over the face--but no color on the lips, just my homemade lip balm!

Here's the colors:

1)  Mineral foundation to match my skin tone followed by a sheer application of mineral veil to set the foundation and direct the light away from any (minor, right?  RIGHT??) flaws

2)  White based primer on upper lid

3)  Orglamix Vanilla shadow patted on to entire lid from brow to lash line and blended into the inner and outer corners of the eye

4)  Orglamix Honeymoon Sweet applied wet (using a foiling/lining medium) into and just above the crease and drawn out into a slight upward wing at the outer corner of eye.  I left the line sharp between the upper border of the Honeymoon Sweet to keep that "just bitten into creamsicle" look.  The lower edge of the Honeymoon Sweet I blended into the Vanilla on the lid to soften this edge a bit.

5)  A little more Vanilla just under the brow and a dab of it in the inner corners of the eyes to brighten

6)  Orglamix Pink Pearl creamliner on the upper and lower lash lines, drawn out to a slight cat's eye on the upper lash line.

7)  Matte brown mineral eyeshadow on the brows and black mascara on top & bottom lashes

8)  My own homemade lip balm (love that stuff) on the lips


                                     

There!  Don't I look sweet and demure enough to fool the censors?  Definitely a look that will not shame my hubby in front of the community.  You could easily wear this in the daytime (school, work, etc.) or an evening gathering where you expect very bright lighting and/or you want to look both pretty and respectable.  

From start to finish, I'd say this took me about 45 minutes to create and apply, but as I've noted before, I'm far from an adept, so for those more practiced it would probably be more like 10-15 minutes in front of the mirror and boom boom pow! you're ready to go =)

If you wanted to rock it a little harder, you could simply apply a second (or third, etc.) coat of Honeymoon Sweet wet after the first layer dried to intensify the color, use a darker color for eyeliner, add some color to the lips--maybe something glossy and dramatic since the eye colors are more muted--and add a second coat of mascara or even false eyelashes to glam it up.

Or you could just throw a little attitude at the camera:


Love you, kisses, you're fabulous dahling!

Got a few more Orglamix fansisters in the mix on this contest, here's one their links (more on my Day 1 post)--if you're liking what you see here you really should check them out, they've got some outstanding looks and tips: