Monday, November 22, 2010

Day 4: My Mother's Eyes

Disclaimer:  All content is my own opinion only and should in no way be construed as a paid endorsement or representation of any companies named.  I receive no compensation whatsoever from any makeup or other companies named/linked to in my posts for my looks or reviews.  I just like to have fun with all the pretty pretty colors...

Well today was one of those bitter and sweet days all mixed together: went to support a longtime friend of the family by attending her mother's memorial service and then went with my own (alive, thankfully) mother to shop for ingredients for our Thanksgiving dinner.  These two contrasting events really made me think of how lucky I am to have my mother in my life and I wanted to honor that feeling, and her, with today's look.

My Mama has beautiful eyes that are on the green side of hazel, so today's look includes a metallic olive green and Orglamix Chamomile, a very shimmery golden color:


(that green really stands out, just like my Mama!)

Here's how I created this look, beginning as always with clean & moisturized skin, foundation & translucent veil, and primer (white based today):

1)  Pat Orglamix Chamomile under the brow down to the brow bone; pack it on a little to intensify the peachy-gold shimmer; drag a bit down to the inner corner of the eye to highlight

2)  Pat a metallic or shimmery olive green onto the eyelid and blend upward into the crease and lower edge of brow bone (into the Chamomile) to soften the edges; the shade I used today was VERY intense so I wanted a bit of a gradient

3)  Tap a bit of Orglamix Vanilla into the inner corner of the eye and drag along bottom lashline to highlight

4)  My old friend matte dark brown shadow blended into brows and applied wet as liner

5)  Two coats of black mascara to add to the glam

6)  Lip balm applied liberally to the lips for a bit of shine



I found this a really lovely combination even without the addition of another color in the crease for contouring; the Chamomile blended so beautifully with the metallic olive shadow that nothing else was needed to make this a fabulous look!

Well, I'm off to bed to snuggle up to the hubby and dream up something else for tomorrow =)