Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Never Fear...

...Pixie Epoxy is Here!! ;)

FOTD May 25, 2011

I've been literally dancing my ass off in hula lately (seriously, my clothes are starting to feel loose!), as we have another show coming up the first week in June.  I'm pretty much totaled after 2-3 hours of practice but tonight...oh, tonight we have Pixie Epoxy (PE) in the house!  Also arriving this day were some new shadows from Meow Cosmetics' Friday the 13th collection including the tongue-twisting limited edition Paraskevidekatriaphobia (it means "fear of Friday the 13th").  I was so happy to see them waiting for me at home that I just had to unwrap them and play!



Have super sparkly, shimmery loose eyeshadows that just won't stay put? Dun-dun-da-daaa! PE to the rescue!
Even being a complete PE newb, I can totally see why people rave so much about this product.  I'm also very thankful for blogs written by such lovely people as Phyrra, The Beauty Think Tank, and Gothique for giving excellent advice on good technique for getting the most out of this product.  Before ever getting my hands on PE I had learned that "a dab'll do ya," to spread the PE in a thin layer over your primer of choice (and really only where you plan to apply shimmery, sparkly, glittery, complex eye safe goodness), wait for it to get tacky (somewhat like you would with lash glue), and then pat on your chosen shadows.

This was good preparation for my very first foray into the magical world of "mess-free foiling," to paraphrase Phyrra.  For this look I decided to bust out a few Meow shades and see what PE would do with them.

The nunui ("huge" lol!) pores on my forehead are much less  "sit up and smack you" noticeable--mahalo to Manda for recommending Benefit's The POREfessional--girl this stuff really does rock!!
Here's what I'm wearing on the eyes:

Too Faced Shadow Insurance (TFSI) Candlelight primer topped with PE on the lid & lower crease
Meow Friday the 13th Collection shadow in Paraskevidekatriaphobia (can I abbreviate this thing?? ParaSkeviDekaTriaPhobia = PSDTP? Is that too much like PTSD?  Oh well...) on the lid
Meow Friday the 13th Collection shadow in Paranormal (whew!) in the crease/outer corners and dragged across the lower lash line
Meow Supernaturals Collection shadow in Telepathy (inner corners)
Antoinette's Revolution Cosmetics Powdered Wigs on brow bone & blended down slightly into Paranormal
Urban Decay 24/7 Pencil in Zero (upper lash line & lower waterlines)
Mixology Gunsmoke (matte black) in the brows for a more dramatic look
Benefit badGal Lash mascara (love!!)

On the face:
Benefit the POREfessional (just on cheeks, nose, and forehead) and Skin 79 Diamond Collection Absolute Total BB Cream
Meow Flawless Feline foundation in Naughty Korat (I'm finding the BB Cream tends to pale me out just a bit so I went for a heavier coverage foundation to balance this)

Cheeks:  Fyrinnae Glow Blush in Seduce (looks mauve-pink in the jar but on me it applies as a soft berry-toned flush--lovely!!)

Lips: Aveda Nourish-Mint lip color in Sugar Apple

I love how this turned out, it was such a pretty combination of colors that I was sorry the hubby & I (or even just "I" heeheehee) weren't going out somewhere!  Honestly, I think maybe 25% of why I do this is to remember what I used so I can replicate the look another time, lol!!

Hmmm...may still need to work on adjusting for the "BB Cream Factor," it even washed out my freckles a bit lol!!
How do you do your PE?  Daytime? Evening?  Share your story--I'd love to hear from you :D

MKA,

Lizzy



Disclaimer:  All content is my own opinion only and should in no way be construed as a paid endorsement or representation of any companies named.  I receive no compensation whatsoever from any makeup or other companies/blogs that are named/linked to in my posts for my looks or reviews.  All of the products used in this look I paid for with my own money (my hubby wouldn't have it any other way, lol!), except for two free samples included in my Meow purchase.  I just like to have fun with all the pretty pretty colors...