Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Dusty Musket

FOTD & Party Look, May 27 2011

So my friend and hula sister was having her golden birthday this day (27 years old on the 27th, hurrah!!) and to celebrate she had invited many family and friends to her home overlooking a nearby river for food, music, and dancing!  Yeah, I took part in the "floor show," in which the honoree and/or any relatives and friends who are able sing, play music (ukulele in this case), dance (hula, yeah?), or talk story about the birthday girl or boy.  Can you say "hana hou" (encore)?  The other guests certainly did!

Dancing makes me sweat, so it's a good thing I've recently received a tube (well, two really--figured I should lay in a supply lol!) of Pixie Epoxy (PE) as part of my latest Fyrinnae order.  No budging of the sparklies for me, no ma'am!  I didn't want to outshine the birthday girl, who is an esthetician and beautiful makeup artist, so I went for something that didn't scream "look at me!!"

Okay, so it doesn't whisper "wallflower" either ;)  This one's with flash, btw.
I love winging up my eyeshadow like this, it makes me look much more "cat eyed" than I really am, heheh.

Natural light
As this was an evening look (well, I wore it for the evening), I decided to forego the use of BB Cream to tone down the "dewy" factor, especially since I knew I'd be dancing and didn't want to look like I was sweating too much lol!

On my eyes:
TFSI Original + PE
ARC Dusty Rose (lid)--canNOT believe how intense this "mild mannered" pink became over PE!!
ARC Musket (outer lid/corners, crease, & lower lid)
ARC Powdered Wigs (brow bone & inner corners)
Indy by Mixology (brows)
UD 24/7 pencil in Yeyo (inner 1/2 of waterline) & Zero (outer 1/2)
Benefit badGal Lash mascara

On my face:
Benefit POREfessional (apples of cheeks, nose, and forehead)
Meow Equilibrium Balancing Powder (primer)
Meow Pampered Puss Foundation in Naughty Korat

Cheeks: Meow PINK Inc Blush in Flamingo

Lips:  Aveda Nourish-Mint lip color in Sutra topped with a bit of MAC Viva Glam Cyndi Lipglass

Eyes closed with flash to show off the awesomeness that is Dusty Rose over PE <3

Natural light showing where Musket meets Dusty Rose on the middle lid
Once again I bear witness to the power of PE: too tired after the party to do anything but fall into bed I slept with this look on and when I woke up in the morning the shadow was still in place on my eyes!!  Even though I tend to nuzzle into my pillow to get comfortable.  Holy wow!

Your turn to tell the story: what's your favorite party look?

MKA,

Lizzy

Disclaimer:  All content is my own opinion only and should in no way be construed as a paid endorsement or representation of any companies named.  I receive no compensation whatsoever from any makeup or other companies/blogs that are named/linked to in my posts for my looks or reviews.  All of the products used in this look I paid for with my own money (my hubby wouldn't have it any other way, lol!).  I just like to have fun with all the pretty pretty colors...