Tuesday, July 5, 2011

My Girls MJ & TY

FOTD: Saturday, June 11 2011

(Whoa, almost a month late, this post...eeuughh)

I finally got a break in my recent streak of working weekends that lasted three straight and decided to play with my recent goods from My Pretty Zombie (MPZ).  I had posted a previous look around the time I first got the order (see that post here), but it used a sample that was a GWP and I wanted to bust out the full sizes ;D  Even better--I got to do this look during the day, so I have pics in (gasp!) natural light as well this time!!

My MPZ girls: Maryjane and TaraYvonne <3 ya sweeties!!
Of course, I had to do the flash pics also, more after the jump!

I've mentioned this before, but I am in love with MPZ and I can see why these shadows are so highly recommended by some of my fellow bloggers: they go on like silk, are gorgeous and complex (still lovely when blended out), and have a range of finishes from matte to shimmer to glittery--a very fine glitter, I might add, the kind that does not feel gritty at all!

Smmmmmohkinnn' eyes!!
On my face: Skinfood Peach Sake BB Cream #2 (I'm loving this--so far the best match of the BB Creams I own and feels so good to wear :D  You can read more about my current BB stash here, if you like) followed by Meow Flawless Feline foundation in Naughty Korat.  Seriously, these two products together made my skin feel like silk!

On my eyes:
TFSI topped with Pixie Epoxy on the lid only (my eyes are somewhat hooded, so this is a must if I don't want creasing!)
MPZ Maryjane (on the lids and blended out--gently!--in the crease and foiled on the middle of the lower lash line)
MPZ TaraYvonne (crease/outer corners and dragged across outer 1/3 of lower lash line)
Fyrinnae Sakura (brow bone/inner corners)
Urban Decay 24/7 pencil in Flipside (upper lash line)
Matte black shadow to shape/define brows and "pushed" into a thin line on the upper lash line to set off Flipside (a technique I picked up from the Meow website on their brushes page--funny, yeah?)
Urban Decay 24/7 pencil in Zero (waterlines)
Fresh Magic Wands Duo mascara (Supernova + Firebird)

Cheeks: Touch of Fyrinnae Glow Blush in Seduce (it surprises me that although this looks quite mauve/lilac in the jar, on me it wears as a very natural blush--possibly closest to how I look when my cheeks are actually slightly flushed!)

Lips:  OHWTO's Rose Flower Balm (no tint)

Here's the look under indoor light with flash


I actually had nothing on my calendar today (again can I say: finally!!), so I had the pleasure of simply wearing this look for the fun of it.  Hubby thought it was quite pretty too ;)  I'm so happy with my MPZ that I went and bought a Heartsy voucher so that I could make another purchase including some new shades, so stay tuned!

MKA,

Lizzy
Disclaimer:  All content is my own opinion only and should in no way be construed as a paid endorsement or representation of any companies named.  I receive no compensation whatsoever from any makeup or other companies named/linked to in my posts for my looks or reviews.  All of the products used in this look I paid for with my own money (my hubby wouldn't have it any other way, lol!), except for Sakura, which was a free sample included in my Fyrinnae purchase (you can read Fyrinnae's policy on non-solicitation of reviews here).  I just like to have fun with all the pretty pretty colors...