Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Awards Avalanche & An Apology

OMG this is WAY overdue--I'm so sorry, mNg!!

Was tagged FOREVER ago by the completely lovely (and infinitely patient) mNg of I’m Not Skinny-So What? for the following awards/memes:




& the Would You Rather Beauty meme!  My sincerest thanks and most humble apologies to my friend, who passed along these awards/tags to me in good faith and has had an incredibly long wait for a response from me.  Bad Lizzy!!  No chocolate ;P


So, want to know more about me, as stipulated by the various rules/questions posed by these honors? Jump in with me!




Details of the Liebster Blog Award; we'll get to the bloglovin' later ;)
As requested by the Top 10 Award, here's my (current) "Top 10 Cosmetics" List (in no particular order, really):


1.  Too Faced Shadow Insurance + Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy (these are forever paired in my makeup-using experience, thanks to the recommendation of Phyrra, and I cannot separate them LOL!)  This pair is my favorite and go-to primer combo for my oily lids


2.  Antoinette's Revolution Cosmetics eyeshadow in Powdered Wigs (I seem to be using it in the majority of my looks these days, very nice all-purpose not to shimmery/sparkly highlighter)


3.  Benefit badGAL Lash mascara (I've said this before but it bears repeating that this product is a HG for me as far as mascara goes)


4.  Meow Cosmetics foundation in Naughty Korat (although I've begun blending in a bit of the Fierce Korat now that the sun has come out in my neck of the woods)


5.  BB Creams.  I seem to have caught Manda's obsession with them and now I'm trying all kinds of BB Creams (you can get samples of just about ANY BB Cream ever made on the cheap from ebay!)  I really liked the Skinfood Peach Sake Pore BB Cream #2--it had more coverage than some others I've tried and was a better match for my skin tone--until my skin hit the sun.  Now I'm on the hunt for a darker shade of BB, which I might have found in Skinfood Mushroom Multi-Care BB Cream #2 (inexplicably a darker tone than the Peach Sake #2, wth??)


6.  I don't have it, but I'm already in deep lust with MPZ's Husbandry Afflictions Trio, because it's just that gorgeous and I ADORE all my MPZ shadows!


7.  Darling Girl Cosmetics Liquid Kiss in Fenix: it is peach.  It is rosy brown.  It has this awesome green duochrome that just WORKS.  That is all.


8.  UD 24/7 Pencils--love the formula & color but hate having to sharpen stuff (I'm junk at sharpening, too heavy-handed XP)


9.  Duo-fiber (aka Fiber Optic) blush brush, without which I'd still be hiding from all the blush samples I've either received (GWP) or bought to try.


10.  Stuff I make: untinted lip balm (fab and I haven't found a commercial one that compares, mostly because I test it on myself as I make it and adjust until it feels just right, much the same way that I cook), honey-clay-hydrosol-live vinegar-herb scrub/masks, face & body cream (one formula without beeswax and one with).  Saves me a lot of $$, which I then use to buy colorful, sparkly pretties, the formulation of which I am clueless about.


The Would You Rather Beauty meme:
1.  Would you rather lose all of your mascaras, eyeliners, lipsticks and lipglosses or lose all of your palettes and eyeshadows?  What kind of sadist are you, anyway?  That's like asking: would you rather live without your MorganaCryptoriaDarlingGirlHighVoltageMAC lippies or without your FyrinnaeMyPrettyZombieAntoinette'sRevolutionCosmetics; loss of either I'm sure would lead to madness and it's best to withdraw the question.
2.  Would you rather chop off all your hair or never be able to cut it again?  I dance hula, my kumu is pretty strict about this topic, so cutting my hair is no longer an option, LOL!
3.  Would you rather have a coral cheek or a pink cheek?  Hmm...let's see.  I made myself a franken-shade called Coral Choker...fell in love with Viva Glam Cyndi Lipglass...half the stuff I currently own is coral...so, yeah, coral. ;)  I can't get enough of that shade, in all its iterations!
4.  If you had $1000 to spend, would you rather buy clothes or makeup?  So far this year I bought clothes ...umm...three times, for a total of 7 items.  I bought makeup several times a month for 5 of the last 7 months and I lost count of how many items that included.  You could say makeup wins, but then, I went on a no-buy this month in part so that I could pay for airfare to Kaua'i for myself & the hubs after Lu'au in September.  So Hawai'i is the real winner ;D
5.  Would you rather apply lipstick as eyeliner or eyeliner as lipstick?  They both sound pretty ick, can I just go bare??
6.  Would you rather only shop at MAC or Sephora?  I'd have to go with Sephora, since many of the brands I've recently come to love (helLO, Lavanila!!) call Sephora their home.  That being said, NO ONE gets to take my VG Cyndi Lipglass and live to tell about it!!
7.  Would you rather use only one eyeshadow color or one lip color the rest of your life?  Eeuuggh, whoever came up with this should apply for work as an Inquisitor, no joke!  Oh, alright, I suppose if the one lip color was VG Cyndi Lipglass...or EvRev...or DGC Fenix...or High Voltage Girl In Trouble...ah, stuff it XP
8.  Would you rather wear winter clothes in the summer or summer clothes in the winter?  I have been known to wear sandals and light blouses in the winter (under the right circumstances and yes, even in the rain), but I've never worn my winter coat in summer.
9.  Would you rather have dark nails or bright nails all year round?  Not that I don't love a bright nail but I can rock a dark nail any month of the year!
10.  Would you rather only be able to wear your hair in a pony tail or a messy bun?  Messy bun--it's the hot librarian thing.  I even have the bona fide glasses & books to go with it!
11.  Would you rather never be able to paint your nails again or never use lipgloss?  Apologies to my budding polish collection, but lippies are my cosmetic lifeblood.
12.  Would you rather shave your eyebrows and have none at all?  Or sharpie them in everyday?  Folks, I'm a Portagee--you think shaving my brows is gonna mean I have none at all??  Those buggahs will be right back on my face practically faster than I could uncap the sharpie and draw them in!
13.  Would you rather live without makeup or nail polish?  Honestly, when it comes down to it I could live without either.  That's the nature of my beauty ;)


On that note, on to the bloglovin'!!  I tag these lovelies and dare them to answer up whenever and however they choose:


Erin of Ravings of a Lipstick Lunatic (with the stipulation that the "Top 10" be all lippies LOL!)
Shelby of (not) Making it Up
Christa of Play Hard Look Fabulous
Wendi of Makeup Zombie (because I just HAVE to know her Top 10!)
Suzanne of Don't They Know Who I Am?
Robyn of Stay Beautiful
Cindy of Nail'd and Polish'd
Jeni of Trials & Tribulations of the Tinted Tankadin
Jessica of The Urban Critique
Susan of Darling Girl Cosmetics (must know what a formulator's Top 10 are!!)
Michelle of Makeup Mama


So if you haven't already checked these wonderful folks out, please do--they are truly fabulous!!

**Rules of the Top 10 Award**
1.  Thank the person who tagged you and link to their blog.
2.  Put the Top 10 Award logo on your blog.
3.  List your Top 10 cosmetics.
4.  Choose 10 bloggers to tag, link to their blogs, and let them know.

MKA,

Lizzy