Thursday, May 19, 2011

Tagged from A to Z (aka the ABCs)

Hahaha!  Erin, the tricksy girl, went and tagged a whole lot of us to fill out this "fun quizzy thing" (can I say I adore that description?  Too freakin' cute...).  Alright my friend, since you asked:

A. Age: Proud member of the Flirty Thirties (thank goodness, I was getting absolutely NO respect as a twentysomething; might as well still be a teen as far as the world is concerned >.<  At least now I have a fighting chance!)
B. Bed size: Queen.
C. Chore you hate: Anything that kicks up dust (bring on the antihistamine!!) neck and neck with scrubbing out the ancient tile in our shower.  Frankly I'd rather clean the toilet.
D. Day: Thursdays, because they're my Wild Card days.  Will I go out for happy hour with friends?  Date night?  Extra hula practice?  Yoga?  Mental health day??  I just never know where Thursdays are gonna take me.  Plus I was born on a Thursday.
E. Essential start to your day: I am not a morning person, so getting out of bed in time to get my night-owl self to work is a major achievement any day.
F. Favourite colour: Red, dearie ;)
G. Gold or Silver: I think I look best in silver.
H. Height: Are you kidding me??  I was lucky to make it to 5'2" and I'm not sure that qualifies as "height."  I have a niece who's taller than me already!!
I. Instruments: Ipu Heke.  And my kumu says I need to learn the ukulele, so that'll be in the works (eek.)
J. Job title: MSW (Kinship Support Services Social Worker and no, I do not work for CPS).
K. Kids: Do Boxers count?  If yes, then two.  Otherwise, not yet.
Boxer babbehs: Lily in front and Leroy behind <3  Hey!  Isn't that my spot??

L. Live: In California.
M. Mum’s name: Sharon.
N. Nicknames: I could write a book.  Liz & Lizzy are actually a couple of them, because my full name is Elizabeth.  Also:  Lizard (I have one very long-time friend who gets to use that--only one), Mamo (short for Leimamo, my Hawaiian name), Myhunny (the hubby's favorite term of endearment), and Liz-butt (coined by and reserved for my lil' sis).  There are more but I'll spare you.
O. Overnight hospital stays: Only one for myself since the day I came home from the maternity ward (I had a case of pneumonia about six months after beginning to work in outpatient mental health); the only other time I can recall is staying overnight with my husband at my father-in-law's bedside when he was really ill.  We sort of all took turns because it made him less anxious to have family around at all times.
P. Pet peeve: Correcting other people's grammar or use of malapropisms is something of a knee-jerk reaction for me; I have a hard time refraining from commenting on it when I see/hear it.  Along the same line is the "+ ate" phenomenon, a type of back formation that just makes me cuckoo (as in "conversate," which should be "converse" but instead is back-formed from "conversation")--especially in my profession (I would dearly love to strike "orientated" from our collective memory...what is with that godforsaken extra syllable??  Just because we added a few letters after our names doesn't mean we get to add extra letters to everything else!)
Q. Quote from a movie: "Hello!  My name is Inigo Montoya.  You kill my father.  Prepare to die."  Not my only favorite, but solidly in the "oldie but goodie" category.
R. Right or left handed: Right.
S. Siblings: One younger sister.
T. Time you wake up: When I have to (and not a moment before, see "E")
U. Underwear: Hanky Panky, low rise.
V. Vegetables you dislike: cooked to hell.
W. What makes you run late: Again, I refer you to "E" as well as that plague known as "Daylight Savings Time."  The person who thought this up should be drawn & quartered.  Oh!  Can I add this to Pet Peeve??
X. X-Rays you’ve had: Teeth (first and most frequently), foot, chest, back & neck.
Y. Yummy food you make: Whatever I can think up.  Honestly I make up most of what I cook, I'm an inveterate improvisor in the kitchen.  Most recently:  spicy beef stew over rice, blackberry vinegar pulled pork, coconut-cardamom rice, chicken sausage & zucchini stew (a take on a dish my mother-in-law used to make when my hubby was little, and one of his favorites).  I make my own stock (not broth, this stuff is reduced by at least 1/2), especially in the winter, freeze it and then use it to cook all year.  And I make cordials, see item #8 here for an example.
Z. Zoo:  I think my office might qualify.

Between this and the blog award posts, you practically know all there is to know about me!  Hope you keep reading anyway ;)

Wow, who can I tag that hasn't been caught in the net already??  Ummm...I'd like to know more about:
Kimberly of The Painted Pinup 
Christine at Makeup, Etc.

What do you think of my "ABCs"--TMI or will you stick around to see what I share next ;)

MKA,

Lizzy