Sunday, April 8, 2012

de Leon Cosmetics: Lippie Swatches Pt. 2

So now that you've seen lip swatches of the de Leon gloss shades that I-didn't-think-I'd-like-but-now-must-have, wanna see the ones I just knew I'd like and now am in love with? #1 at the top of this list is...

(drum rolls)

Ambassador gloss
Jump to see the rest of the pretties ;)

I love Ambassador--and honestly, who wouldn't?  It is a beautiful, elegant, cultured, you can take her anywhere shade.  Just like her namesake.  Honestly, the pic does not do this color justice, it's just gorgeous!

The other de Leon lip glosses that I sampled, in no particular order, are:
Registered Companion
I Aim To Misbehave
Why Can't I Stay?
I Could Never Be Your Girl
5x5
Basically, my order decision-making process is going to come down to a very weak attempt to figure out which of these I cannot live without...because I really do like them all :o  Not only are the shades beautiful but I love the formula--on the thick side, which I prefer as my lips tend to chap at the slightest breeze, and richly pigmented, meaning they will last forever because it doesn't take much product for me to get nice & even coverage.  I also like that these wear like a semi-opaque (though you can certainly build to full opacity easily, see my arm swatches), creamy lipstick with just the right amount of shimmer (with the exception of G'Night Kiss, Pretty Floral Bonnet, and Ooh, Look At The Pretties! which are creme finishes).

I'll still be testing these out for wear, but all in all I'm quite impressed with de Leon's formula for the lip glosses and Wee Little Puppet Man, Stay 'n' Gloat, Ambassador, Registered Companion, and Pretty Floral Bonnet (or is that G'Night Kiss? LOL) are at the top of my list for full-size purchases.

What about you, dear readers?  Have you ever tried a shade you didn't think you'd like--and ended up falling in love?  I'd like to hear your story!

Me ke aloha,
Lizzy