Monday, December 27, 2010

Day 21: Gold Dust Woman

Disclaimer:  All content is my own opinion only and should in no way be construed as a paid endorsement or representation of any companies named.  I receive no compensation whatsoever from any makeup or other companies named/linked to in my posts for my looks or reviews.  I just like to have fun with all the pretty pretty colors...

Day 21--Thursday, December 9, 2010

Today was sort of a blah day--gray clouds, lots of folks out sick from work, families frantically trying to prepare for the Holidays.  At the end of it, I felt I really needed a bit of pick-me-up, so I decided to do a look in gold tones for today's 30 Days/30 Ways entry.

So here is Gold Dust Woman, named for a song by Fleetwood Mac, one of my parents' favorite bands and something they listened to ALL THE TIME when I was a little kid ;)


(Gold shimmer and sparkle from brows to lips, oh my!!)

Since this was an end-of-day look, I pulled my hair back (messily, I know) and washed my face, then moisturized.  Once that was absorbed, I applied mineral foundation and Orglamix HD Microfinish powder in Hush Hush and continued the application as follows:

1)  Apply Orglamix Magnetism primer to eyelids and blend evenly

2)  Pat Orglamix Honey from brow to lashes and blend blend blend

3)  Pat metallic gold eyeshadow onto lid (I packed it on pretty heavily)

4)  Blend Orglamix Ambre into crease & outer "v" of the eye and drag down across lower lash line

5)  Foil Orglamix Cardamom and line upper lash line

6)  Dab a bit more Honey onto inner corners of the eyes and across inner part of lower lash line

7)  Use a pale pink mineral eyeshadow pencil to line lower water lines

8)  Blend matte brown shadow into brows to shape/define and apply black mascara to lashes

9)  Apply Orglamix mineral blush in Allspice to cheeks and blend

10)  Mix more Honey and a touch of Orglamix Cardamom with glittery gold gloss and apply to lips

Et voila!  Shimmery gold goodness ;)